Pitch your ideas (P4, M3 U21)
Learning Outcome 3 (U21): Be able to pitch ideas on a proposed media product and respond to questions
Feedback:
- They mentioned that the primary and secondary target audience put together is too narrow as the secondary target audience is 25-35 year olds, this is too narrow as now days 40-50 year olds would still listen to the genre of rap as it doesn’t have a set age when people would stop listening to this type of music, from this I understand that I should expand the secondary target audience to make it larger adding a few more years to it.
- As well as that they mentioned that the sponsors and advertisers which I used to create publicity for magazine such as AirPods and Starbucks were too narrow and could have a more specific like to rap, even though these sponsors are modern and popular I should consider a more edgy and fashion led sponsor. This is because fashion plays an important role in rap as the genre of rap has its own distinct fashion trend and therefore a fashion led advertiser would link into this nicely.
- When watching my presentation the clients mentioned that there should be more images and less writing involved as this would keep people interested, from this I understand that in future presentations I will convey the majority fo the information and facts rather than it being written on the board.
- Furthermore, they mentioned that the title of the magazine “wrapped up” and the change in colour is a strong striking part of the magazine but I should remove the underlined word ‘rap’ and should stick to the change from black to yellow as the underline part makes it look like too much is going on and makes the title look to busy.
- To continue, they mentioned that the title of my magazine is small and should be more noticeable because of this I should pump up and increase the title of my magazine to cover the whole masthead as this would make it more distinct and would grab peoples attention when walking past, this would make it more interesting to look at and therefore more people would buy the magazine.
- As well as this on the front cover of my magazine it mentioned “north London based magazine” I should make this more specific and relevant to North London by giving an example. Therefore I should quantify it by defining what aspect of North London I will be linking my magazine towards they also hinted that this should be placed under the borders at the top and bottom the front cover where is mention's the words "wrapped up wrapped up".
- The clients discussed removing the colour green from the colour scheme as just using the colours red and yellow, as involving the colour green as well looks like too much is going on and doesn’t work on a front cover. From this I am going to remove the colour green and stick to red and yellow as they both have connotations of the genre of rap.
Comments
Post a Comment