Evaluate the response (D1 U21)

Learning Outcome 3 (U21):  Be able to pitch ideas on a proposed media product and respond to questions

Industry Professionals Feedback:

One type of feedback which the industry professionals mentioned to me was discussing the idea of changing the ages of the target audience.  My initial primary and secondary target audiences were 16-22 and 25-35 year olds however the age ranges were said to be to narrow and limited. As a result they mentioned that I should make the target audience greater allowing a wider range of ages to  listen to this music.   Consequently I would make the secondary target audience 25-50 years. This is because as the world is developing older people have been listening to the genre of rap as they are trying to stay youthful and up to date with what is popular. In the past, a more limited age group would be listening to this type of music.  This feedback was beneficial as it would increase the number of people that would read my magazine.
  
Furthermore, an additional point mentioned in the feedback was that my sponsors and advertisers were too narrow. They mentioned that I should consider a direct link to a fashion based sponsor such as Nike and Adidas. Even though AirPods and Starbucks are popular and would create publicity for “Wrapped Up” it doesn’t specifically link into rap and my magazine should mainly have a rap related fashion link.  As a result I will be adding a fashion based sponsor to my advertisers as well as keeping AirPods and Starbucks.  This will create a large amount of publicity and generate sales.  Moreover, the clients also mentioned that when watching my presentations there should be more visual images and less written text. Even though there was a large amount of text when going through some of the slides it made the clients loose focus however the written text was an easy way to get my point across.  Even though they mentioned that I should cut down on the writing and add more images to make the slides more visually appealing I will still be keeping the majority of information but will be adding more creative images which in turn will make it more interesting.  

Another comment which the industry professionals made which I will be taking on board is about the title of my magazine “Wrapped Up”.  Previously the title had a change in colour from black to yellow in the word ‘rap’ as well as having an underline to create a larger emphasises on this word, the industry professionals mentioned that this underline made the title look distracting and overdone. As a result I will be sticking to the change in colour and will remove the underline as this creates a clearer but bolder statement.  

The industry professional mentioned a comment with regards to the title of the magazine.  They were concerned that the size of the title wasn’t noticeable enough. They suggested that I should make the title larger so it covers the whole of the masthead and grabs people attention, this feedback was useful as it’s an easier way to grab peoples attention.  Penultimately on the front cover of the magazine it expresses that it’s a “North London based magazine”. The clients highlighted that I should make this note more specific to North London and what aspect I will be focusing on.  They said that I should quantify this and always remember to be linking this into North London in more detail. As well as placing this under the top border which says ‘Wrapped Up Wrapped Up’ which would give the readers a brief understanding about what aspect of the genre of rap it would be focusing on. Consequently this is a useful suggestion as it would give a clear understanding to the readers what the magazine is about. 

Lastly the clients discussed removing green from my colour scheme, as green makes it look like too much is going on, they suggested that I should stick to red and yellow being the main colours as well as black/dark grey being the majority of the page. This is useful in someway as too many colour’s on a page makes it look busy.





Comments